It was Democrats who tried making slavery legal nationwide. It was Democrats who fought a war to keep slavery legal. It was Democrats who killed Abraham Lincoln, the Republican President who freed the slaves. It was the Democrats who started the KKK to harass, intimidate, terrorize, and kill a large number of black people. The Majority of Democrats voted against the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments to the Constitution, and it was Democrats who introduced Jim Crow segregation laws.
Don’t take our word for it – but don’t take the Democrats word for it either – look it up for yourself.
Here is what you will find
- The south had long been a Democratic stronghold, favoring a state’s right to legal slavery, and slavery was part of the official Democrat Party Platform for almost 20 years.
- The Democratic Party overwhelmingly voted against the 13th Amendment which slavery abolished.
- The Democratic Party overwhelmingly voted against the 14th Amendment which freed all slaves and made them citizens equal to all other citizens.
- The Democratic Party overwhelmingly voted against the 15th Amendment which guaranteed the right to vote to all freed slaves.
- In the 1850s, Democrats passed The Fugitive Slave Law, which made it a law that slaves were the personal property of their masters, runaway slaves must be returned to their owners.
- Upset about The Fugitive Slave Law, anti-slavery Democrats left their party, and joined the new Republican Party, which was formed to oppose slavery, and work against the slavery-loving Democrats.
- Southern Democrats spent 100 years trying to keep freed slaves down with segregation laws, poll taxes to deny the right to vote, and lynching to scare freed slaves away from the voting booths.
- The Ku Klux Klan (KKK) was started by white Democrats who were angry over the abolition of slavery, and wanted to reverse the policies of Reconstruction.
- Even Sen. John F. Kennedy voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1957
- As late as October 1868 the Democratic Party’s national campaign theme was “This is a white man’s country: Let white men rule”
“Resolved, That Congress has no power to prohibit or obstruct the trade in slaves between the slaveholding States; but that the admission or exclusion of slaves brought from one into another of them, depends exclusively upon their own particular laws.”
Think of that – Democrats opposed racial integration and equality up until 1970! And now the Democrat party wants black people to forget the crimes against them and support the criminals who kept them in shackles.
Stand Up To Government Corruption and Hypocrisy – usbacklash.org